Friday, January 8, 2021

What Do You Get From Reading?

       Reading is one of the four basic skill that students must acquire. It is important to get students excited about reading every time especially at young ages so they get used to it. Reading is not just decoding words and letters. It's much more than that. By reading, students get to know other cultures, people, and perspectives. It can take them to another time and space instantly. And that is the reason why I try to have my students read as much as possible, either at home or at school. In my class, we have a specific corner that is called "The Reading Corner" where we have books and we each get to read during our assigned period for reading. This period is separated and we just each get a book read it in class then take it at home and finish reading it throughout the month. After that, each student has to narrate his/her story to the rest of the class. Honestly, I have found that my students really enjoy it and find it as a small escape from their daily life. In conclusion, I really encourage everyone to read at least one book a month no matter how small or big it is as it comes along with numerous benefits. 

5 comments:

  1. Nice idea, and in my opinion, reading is one of the most important language skills, as it is the main entrance to quickly acquiring a language

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading is so beneficial for us and helps us in gathering new information and what you wrote about reading is nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading is like a meditation for me! I really liked your point of view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The more you know, the more you read. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete

Spelling Bee

        I suppose we all know what a spelling bee competition is. Needless to say, that is has numerous advantages for children. Ever since ...