Friday, January 8, 2021

Spelling Bee

        I suppose we all know what a spelling bee competition is. Needless to say, that is has numerous advantages for children. Ever since I was a young student we used to have a lot of spelling bee competitions. We even did some between schools. I still remember to this day how much fun we used to have even though we were actually learning at the same time. Personally, because of these spelling bee competitions, I can now write and even read much better and easier. And that is the reason why I am trying it out with my own students now. We are still practicing at the time being; however, I have observed how my students actually enjoy it and how it's benefiting them in their writings. Moreover, they have come a long way and progressed a lot. Every Monday, before the lockdown of course, we used to have a period for practicing and we used to add more words to our list too. Hopefully, by the end of the year, we will have our spelling bee competition and I will update you about it. Personally, I believe that it has a lot of benefits and students enjoy it as they learn. Honestly, I shall continue doing it every year and hopefully on a bigger scale. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spelling Bee

        I suppose we all know what a spelling bee competition is. Needless to say, that is has numerous advantages for children. Ever since ...