One of the four basic skills of learning is writing. For me, writing was one of my favorite things to do when I was younger and I still enjoy it to this day. As a matter of fact, as teachers, especially nowadays, we should focus more on this skill as it builds creative individuals. One thing that I have started doing with my students this year is that I asked them to get journal and write once a week about anything they want. As such, I would read it privately, or ask them to read it in front of their friends if they would like to. Even though it is not graded, they enjoy it as they like to tell stories about what happened with them. Some just write about little things that they like but still the important thing is that they write. This makes them think as well as communicate using the traditional paper and pen/pencil. That way they can also express themselves as some students are sometimes shy to speak aloud so they might be more comfortable writing it down. In short, I believe that this is an essential skill that teachers shouldn't take for granted and should work on improving as many students lack it these days.
While reading this blog, you'll find many topics related to education and much more from a teacher's perspective and sometimes a student's perspective. I hope you'll enjoy it as well as benefit from my experiences. 😃
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spelling Bee
I suppose we all know what a spelling bee competition is. Needless to say, that is has numerous advantages for children. Ever since ...
-
Reading is one of the four basic skill that students must acquire. It is important to get students excited about reading every time e...
-
As we all know, the Corona virus has changed our lives in all aspects. Being a teacher as well as a student at this particular time is...
-
Students sometimes need some extrinsic motivation while learning. In other words, they need to get something, whenever they do a task fo...

No comments:
Post a Comment