Have you ever witnessed a child that doesn't like to play? How you ever seen a child that doesn't enjoy just playing around? I doubt it. I believe every child loves that. That's why implementing role playing in class has really changed my class honestly. I have learned that learning through role play has many benefits especially on young children. They are able to communicate with others better. Also, they learn in different ways. I have actually tried this with my students. We were learning about jobs and careers. As such, each student dressed up as whoever he/she wants to be in the future, got some toys and tools based on their chosen career, and they role played. Honestly, the experience was fantastic and memorable both for me and for my students. They were learning, communicating, and actually learning interesting things. By doing so, the activities will be authentic, interesting, engaging, fun, and educational all at the same time. As teachers, I believe that it is essential to integrate role playing into our classrooms looking at its' huge benefits.
While reading this blog, you'll find many topics related to education and much more from a teacher's perspective and sometimes a student's perspective. I hope you'll enjoy it as well as benefit from my experiences. 😃
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spelling Bee
I suppose we all know what a spelling bee competition is. Needless to say, that is has numerous advantages for children. Ever since ...
-
Reading is one of the four basic skill that students must acquire. It is important to get students excited about reading every time e...
-
As we all know, the Corona virus has changed our lives in all aspects. Being a teacher as well as a student at this particular time is...
-
Students sometimes need some extrinsic motivation while learning. In other words, they need to get something, whenever they do a task fo...

yeah, role plays are very memorable and interesting activities! It is one of the best activities for students to create and express themselves. Teachers and also students have fun and enjoy these times..
ReplyDelete