As we all know, the Corona virus has changed our lives in all aspects. Being a teacher as well as a student at this particular time is very different. This has called for many changes in our domain for sure as online learning/teaching came more to use. However, with this came the benefit of the EDUC 561 course which is about educational media and technology. During this semester, I have been taking this particular course and honestly it has changed the way I used to think about online teaching. I have learned about many new and interesting tools that I have actually started to implement in my teaching and that I'll continue to use for sure. I can confidently say that my students have actually enjoyed these tools a lot, making my virtual class active and feeling closer to one another. Some of the tools that really caught my eye were "Pollev.com", "Mentimeter", "Kahoot", "Padlet", "Jamboard", "GoFormative", and many more. Honestly, it has been a really great, fun, enjoyable, and educational course for me.
While reading this blog, you'll find many topics related to education and much more from a teacher's perspective and sometimes a student's perspective. I hope you'll enjoy it as well as benefit from my experiences. 😃
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Spelling Bee
I suppose we all know what a spelling bee competition is. Needless to say, that is has numerous advantages for children. Ever since ...
-
Reading is one of the four basic skill that students must acquire. It is important to get students excited about reading every time e...
-
As we all know, the Corona virus has changed our lives in all aspects. Being a teacher as well as a student at this particular time is...
-
Students sometimes need some extrinsic motivation while learning. In other words, they need to get something, whenever they do a task fo...

you are right. It was a tough year, but fortunately, we had the chance to meet Dr. Amal, which made this session something to wait for, and that introduced us to all these beneficial tools.
ReplyDeleteIndeed! tough and hard year for all, but after all we have to rise and shine.
ReplyDeleteThis course gives us the opportunity to prosper and know more about this wide domain. It is helpful and we will benefit from it today, tomorrow and in the future.